Wednesday 4 February 2015

2014 photo summary

A quick summary of 2014, I've picked one photo per month.  Some of the photos are from previous blogs, others have be salvaged from my cavernous hard drive!

January
After a great New Year of work, Jim flew back out to the Alps to join me for a great ski holiday.

February
A busy time training and swatting up for my Teach and Technical Level 3 ISIA ski instructor exams.


March
Success and failure in exams as I passed my teaching exam, failed the technical exam, and in the process reinvented parts of my skiing and learnt loads.  Once back home in Snowdonia I took advantage of some time off to go exploring.

April
Our dawn patrol up Tryfan was definitely the highlight of April.

May
Survived a ski tour in horrendous weather in the Vanoise.  We will be returning in April 2015 for a rematch.


June
A busy month of work, but we managed to squeeze in a relaxing holiday to Pembroke.

July
Most of July was spent on expedition in Kyrgystan and Uzbekistan.  Spectacular scenery, successful trekking and great students.

August
After a short break at home in North Wales I headed to the Alps for some incredible trail running, hiking and flower spotting near Samoens.



September
After lots of revision and preparation I passed my International Mountain Leader award summer assessment.  It's not all about mountains though, the photo below is in the vegetable plot digging up potatoes, in preparation for our own veggie patch at home.

October
A month of work, climbing and all things house moving!  Although it is exciting to finally get a garden, it needs a lot of work too.



November
We moved house to a more permanent address, with a garden.  Here's to growing vegetables, being five minutes drive to the supermarket (as opposed to 20!), and having mobile phone reception indoors.  This was a mere week before driving out to the Alps for the ski season.

December
The Verbier ski season started with good pistes but little snow.  Most importantly, I finally managed to try out my new Haglofs Vassi ski outfit.

Here's to a great 2015, an exam free but ski touring full winter and a climbing packed summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment