Monday 9 December 2013

New boots

As the proud owner of some atomic infinity storms, all mountain and generally looking ace skis, I still had to get some 'proper' ski boots too.  And so I trotted down the street to Surefoot to finally get my first pair of 100% surefoot fitted boots, custom moulded liners, custom moulded footbeds, the full dosage (except the boot heaters, which, being a 'reptile' I will eventually be investing in).

http://www.surefoot.com/fitting-process.php

And here they are...

With cat tracks on




















Some of the main reasons I chose Surefoot for my boots:

  • The custom moulded liners - I heard they were super comfy
  • The ongoing service - if you have a problem with the boots or a small niggle you can just pop back in and they will fix it free of charge - earlier this week I had the boot widened slightly to accommodate my freakish wide feet, and it only took 5 minutes
  • The super friendly and knowledgeable staff - they make you feel welcomed into the shop, guide you through the whole process and answer any questions you have.

I've now skied in them for a week, and so far they have been excellent.  Comfy, not too stiff, and great to ski, especially after I've only skied in touring boots for the last 5 or so years!

No comments:

Post a Comment