Friday 30 August 2013

New skis

With three months to go until the commute to the winter Alps begins I have finally got around to ordering my new skis.  The current quiver consists of mostly ski touring and telemark skis, with a token pair of 'vintage' Volkl supersports 5 stars - totally redundant in every way as I have no useable piste boots (on the kit list to buy), and they have no flex or edge left!  After much debate these lovely's will be arriving next week in the post for me:

Atomic Affinity Storms

 

Having loved skiing on my wider dynafits on all conditions from the piste to crud and moguls, I'm expecting these to be ace for my ISIA exams this coming season, and for teaching on.  The 167's are 84mm underfoot, have a small amount of rocker, female specific and have had rave reviews from the last few years.  Also, the graphics do not appear to have either diamonte's on them or are too girly - no matter how good the skis are I could not own a pair of black studded or flowery skis!

Review on skis to come later in the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment